Caramel Dip and Cinnamon Chips

This dip is a favorite that I'd forgotten about...it used to be a regular at all of our spouses' meetings when we were stationed in Texas.  I believe my good friend Stacey A. gave me the dip recipe.  I just dressed it up a bit by serving it in a hollowed out pumpkin and used I Halloween cookie cutters to make fun shapes with the cinnamon chips.



Caramel dip

8 oz cream cheese, softened
3/4 cup dark brown sugar
1/4 cup powdered sugar
1 tsp vanilla

Combine all ingredients and mix with a hand mixer until smooth and creamy.
Serve with green apples, strawberries, pretzels, cinnamon chips.

Cinnamon Chips

6-8 large tortilla (burrito size)
melted butter
cinnamon sugar*

Melt butter and brush onto tortillas.  Sprinkle generously with cinnamon sugar.  Cut into triangles or use cookie cutters to make fun shapes.  Place onto ungreased cookie sheet and bake at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes or until edges start to curl up.

*To make cinnamon sugar combine 3/4 c sugar and 4 tsp ground cinnamon and mix thoroughly.

Comments

Popular Posts