Slow Cooker Summer Recipes

For me I always think of the slow cooker as something I pull out in the fall and winter and cook stews and soups in, but I love the convenience and ease of the cooker so here's a few anytime meals I've tried and liked...


Slow Cooker Chicken Tacos









4 frozen chicken breasts (you don't even have to thaw!)

1 15-oz. can corn
1 15-oz. can black beans (I always double this)
1 16-oz. jar salsa

Place all ingredients in crock pot on low for 4-6 hours. Shred chicken and stir. Place in soft flour tortillas with favorite toppings (cheese, lettuce, sour cream, guacamole). Today I didn't have salsa, so I substituted Rotel diced tomatoes with green chilies...and on days when I don't have tortillas we like this dished up in a bowl. Sometimes I also add taco seasoning, chili powder, or cumin.

Source: http://mymostdeliciousdishes.blogspot.com/

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts