Day 3 & 4: Jambalaya and Salmon


Busy school night....

Frozen vegetables and fresh, cut fruits and veggies have been my savior this week.  We've managed to have numerous servings of both all week.

Except for the "boxed" Jambalaya meal I've only eaten fruits, veggies, hummus, whole wheat bread, peanut butter, milk, low fat cheese and lean proteins.

I needed to make a quick meal so I threw together boxed Zatarain Jambalaya with turkey sausage.  We had curriculum night at Will's school so it needed to be a quick, easy meal.  I also made a green salad which was so easy to make since all the fresh veggies were already cleaned and cut and in containers in the fridge.  I ate a really big salad with light dressing and only a small portion of Jambalaya.

Day 4: Salmon with green peas and mashed red potatoes

A wonderful recipe from a dear friend:
Barefoot Contessa's Salmon

I used a Wegman's teriyaki marinade for the salmon and grilled it on a pecan plank.  I steamed green peas and red potatoes.  Smashed up the red potatoes and added 1 tbsp of butter and a splash of milk.  And salt and pepper to taste.

We would have usually had french bread with both of these meals, but I skipped it.  I did stop by the Great Harvest Bread Company (a favorite of mine from our time in SLC) and got a loaf of their honey whole wheat bread.  A slice of this with a tad of butter is a very filling snack when I'm craving my carb loaded snacks.

I added running and Wii fit to my normal walking routine this week.  With Theo a leash length behind me I look like I might be trying to kill the dog, but I assure you he loves it!!  He'll have his weekly Wii fit weigh-in this weekend.


Comments

Popular Posts