Chicken Green Chile Torte

This is Josie's favorite thing to eat--loaded with protein I am always happy to make it for her. It comes from a good friend in Utah--Tina G. I believe it even won one of my neighbor's in Utah an award at Dan's Super Market and a free trip to NYC to meet Rachel Ray.


Chicken Green Chile Torte

Ingredients:
1/2 pound grated cheddar cheese
1/2 pound grated Monterey Jack cheese
1 cup cooked, cubed chicken
2 cups half & half
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
6 eggs
1 teas taco seasoning
1 (4 oz.) can sliced olives
1 (4 oz.) can diced green chilies
1/4 cup salsa
1/4 cup diced green onion

Method:
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
Mix grated cheese and spread into bottom of buttered 9" x 13" pan.
Spread chicken over cheese.
Whisk flour into cream.
Beat eggs and combine with cream. Add taco seasoning.
Pour egg mixture over cheeses and chicken.  Top with green chilies and black olives if you desire.
Bake for 45 minutes or until center is set.

Note: I sometimes leave out the chicken and it's a quick, easy meal still packed with protein.
source: Dusti U.

Comments

  1. Hey Jodi! This is Dusti (From Utah, remember me?) That's awesome, this is my recipe, which I couldn't locate on my computer and I haven't made for over a year, so I googled it, and here you are! Thanks for posting it so I could have a copy of it on my computer again! ;) How's life by the way?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts